Installation, video, photography
- Åpent atelier lørdag 23.september 2023 -
Ji Jia (b. 1994, China)
Currently living in Bergen, Norway.
The conceptual-based practice of Ji Jia involves site-specific installation, performance, and video. She uses her body and ready-made daily life materials to intervene in space and architecture. Through the construction of subtle interventions, she breaks the audience's habitual cognition and alters the existing environment. She uses black comedy as her aesthetic basis, putting the audience in familiar yet exceptional situations, thus triggering thinking, criticism, and questions.
USF Verftet, Georgernes Verft 12
2020-2022 | University of Bergen Faculty of Fine Art, Music and Design Department of Contemporary Art Master's Programme
2016-2017 | Beijing, China Central Academy of Fine Arts Department of Experimental Art Material Experiment Programme
2012-2016 | Changchun, China Jilin Animation Institute Department of Art Design Bachelor
- UCCA Center for Contemporary Art (Beijing, China)
- Prøverommet & Galleri Kronborg Group Exhibition
- Bergen Kunsthall, Group Exhibition
- Joy forum, Group Exhibition KMD & Bergen Arkitekthøgskole Project
- Tag Team Studio, Group Exhibition
- Galleri Flig, Solo Exhibition
- Bergen Kjøtt, Group Exhibition
- Chao Art Center, Screenings (Beijing, China)
- KODE 4, Group Exhibition
2023 Kulturradet Statens kunstnerstipend SKS Arbeidsstipend for yngre nyetablerte kunstnere
2022 Kulturradet Statens kunstnerstipend SKS Diversestipend for nyutdannede kunstnere
2022 UCCA Lab Emerging Artist Program Top 10.