-- Åpent atelier lørdag 26. september 2020 --
Everything Will Be Possible Here
Collecting is the pillar of my practice, someday I will constitute an archive of other people's memories.
I usually start from a research triggered by rescuing materials from oblivion and obsolescence. Like two bags of old photographs from different generations found inside a rented apartment, a stockings box with photo negatives from the 50s and 60s, educational slides from a school's storage in a plastic bag, VHS cassettes with home movies and recordings from TV, 8mm movies about a summer in a small town, instructive books and manuals, a box with love letters, a tiny bible, five boxes of slides from family holidays, a book about judo positions, antique projectors, cameras and other devices.
Then, I subject the images to different distortions, using home made equipment, text, cheap prints, collage, video editing, film cameras. By juxtaposing layers I aim to obtain unfamiliar, ironical or strange situations where their depicted bodies are playing the main role in fresh narratives.
Storytelling acts as a frame from which one has to experiment the available world. The outcomes vary according to their particular needs and contexts: a script for a play, a text-based computer game, artist books, silkscreen prints, drawings, videos, and films.
Taking part in the plot, I become another character and reconstruct a circumstance. The pieces share a conceptual core constituted by memory, forgetting, imagination, and distortion, spreading out, as a line of thoughts that branches out remaining part of the same tree.
Everything turns out to be structured around one question: Which are those stories in which reality proves to be even more unbelievable than fiction?
Georgernes Verft 12, studio 337
In 2018 Lucila completed the Master in Arts in Bergen Academy of Art and Design. In the past she attended to UNA and obtained the Bachelor in Fine Art’s degree, also to ENERC where she completed the Director of Photography career. Joined Artist’s Residencies like Serlachius, Filmverkstaden, and Drake Art Center in Finland; Long Weekend by Castagnino+MACRO museo and Labordeboy by OnceLibre in Argentina. Since 2016 takes part in TEXSTgroup in Bergen
- Introspection Cabin, IN THE LIBRARY, Bergen, NO
- Cabina de Introspección, Galleri 21, Hamburg, DE
- Rewired, Røm 61, Bergen, NO
- TEXSTgroup at Skrivestue, TagTeam, Bergen, NO
- TEXST Zine #2 Launch, KMD Library, Bergen, NO
- Acronym for Daydreaming, Museum for the History of Photography, Saint Petersburg, RU
- Nine Minutes Before the Agape, Filmverkstaden+Platform, Vaasa, FI
- Nine Minutes Before the Agape,Old Bio-Säde, Mänttä, FI
- Esse corpo que (não) me representa, Galeria Alcindo Moreira Filho, Saõ Paulo, BR
- The Body is the Message, Electronic Langage International Festival, Saõ Paulo, BR
- Friday 13th, Bergen Kunsthall, Bergen, NO
- How to Write What is Already Written, IN THE LIBRARY, KMD Library, University of Bergen, NO
- Finding Collaboration, Rom8 gallery, Bergen, NO
- TEST Zine #1 Launch, Bokboden galleri, Bergen, NO
- Acquaintances, Fisk galleri, Bergen, NO
- The More You Try to Escape, the More It Follows You, Open Studio, Bergen Academy of Art and Design, Bergen, NO
- Papel obra, Cruce Peligroso art collective, La Casona de los Oliveras and Parque Thays, Buenos Aires, AR
- Active Ingredient of a Trajectory, Open Studio, Kokkola, FI
- Emoniciones, La casa de al lado, Art space, Buenos Aires, AR
- ORO, Independent space, Buenos Aires, AR
- 103º Salón Nacional de Artes Visuales, Palais de Glace, Buenos Aires, AR
- Residencias, Museum of Contemporary Art Rosario, Rosario, AR
- + Contemporáneo, Pasto Gallery, Buenos Aires, AR
- XLX Salón Provincial de Artes Plásticas, Museo provincial de bellas artes, Paraná, AR
- Oncelibre, Estudio Abierto, Labordeboy, AR
- En tu ausencia hablamos de amor, PICA gallery, Buenos Aires, AR
- Chøja, Chøja art collective, LaTomada, Buenos Aires, AR
- Metele que son pasteles, La tercera en discordia art collective, La Dulce, Buenos Aires, AR
- Romántica Esperanza, LaTomada Gallery, Buenos Aires, AR
- Volutas, El Angel Azul Art space, Paraná, AR
- XLIX Salón Provincial de Artes Plásticas, Museo provincial de bellas artes, Paraná, AR
- Premio Prilidiano Pueyrredón, Buenos Aires, AR
- Ópticas Iberoamericanas 2009, Junta de Extremadura, ES.