Performance, video, sculpture, installation, photography, text
-- Åpent atelier lørdag 17. september 2022 --
My work focuses on the shifting interconnections of the body, time, and space. I utilise endurance to reconsider limits of the body primarily through performance as well as video, sculpture, installation, photography and text. My work engages with gender and mortality from a position which acknowledges that the body is in a continuous state of transformation, and that the performing body is a disruptive, relational force in time and space.
USF Verftet, Georgernes Verft 12
• 2022 - Doctor of Philosophy, Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne, Naarm Melbourne, Victoria. Australia. *ABD
• 2014 - Master of Fine Arts, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts. United States.
• 2012 - Bachelor of Fine Arts, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts. United States.
• 2015 - Certificate of Advanced Studies: Theatre, Performance and Contemporary Live Arts, Scuola Teatro Dimitri, University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Switzerland. Verscio, Switzerland.
• No One Thing is the Root of All Anything: Phases and Performance of the Imminent, Not a Cult., Los Angeles, United States. 2018.
•‘Space, Time, and Excessive Performances of Endurance,’ Currents Journal, Issue 1, Volume 1. ed. Jeremy Eaton and Kelly Fliedner, University of Melbourne x University of Western Australia, Australia. September 2020.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
• deathless, Galleri Kronborg, Bergen, Norway. October 2022 *Forthcoming
• Enduramorphosis: A point of dynamic strangeness, Fiona and Sidney Myer Gallery, Naarm Melbourne, Australia. March 2022
• star-spangled, Meno Parkas Galerija, Kaunas, Lithuania. December 2021.
Selected Solo Performance
• Phases of the Imminent, Rumah Tangga Living Arts Museum (Depok, Indonesia) x Sepersepuluh (Jakarta, Indonesia). July 2019.
• Fold, Performance Box Project, TAC 2019 and Pohoda Music Festival, Trencin, Slovakia. July 2019.
• Systole, VERTIGO Series, Waterloo Center for the Arts, Waterloo, IA, United States. November 2017.
Selected Festival Performance
• strangeness, MAP EXPERIMENTUM, Melaka, Malaysia. November 2021.
• cycles, Triennale Deformales, Santiago, Chile. November 2021.
• sexdeathlovepain, IDKF: Internationales Digitalkunst Festival, Stuttgart, Germany. November 2021.
• strangeness, "Routine Maintenance" 24-hour Virtual Performance Festival. Jacksonville, Florida x Online. September 2021.
Selected Group Exhibitions
• time froze (2021) for: Utah Sites: Performance Art for Video in Utah Landscapes." Digital Exhibition. Hosted by: Utah Division of Arts and Museums, Salt Lake City, United States. August 2021.
• allegiance (2020) and forever (2021) for: SUMISION CERO, Museo del Barrio Arte Contemporaneo, Manizales, Columbia. April 2021.
• real time (2021) for: Embodying the Algorithm. AIPerformance.Space. Copenhagen, Denmark (Online). March 2021.
• Artist in Residence, USF Verftet. Bergen, Norway. 13-September – 9-November 2022
• Research Training Program Scholarship, Australian Government x Victorian College of the Arts, Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, University of Melbourne. Award Period: 2019-2022.
• Emergency Grant, Foundation for Contemporary Arts, New York City, NY, United States. 2015.
• Yousuf Karsh Photography Prize, The School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, United States. 2013.